With current environmental conditions, eco flower is the perfect way for sustainable use of flowers. Using these eco-friendly flowers at your wedding is a really great way to contribute to your environment. Here are the things that you should consider as you look for eco-friendly flower options.
- Buying flowers from local florists instead of large stores is how you can reduce your carbon footprint significantly. Connecting with your local florist will fetch you fresh flowers as well as help the florist with his store.
- You should always opt for seasonal flowers as in order to grow off-seasonal flowers the farmer uses too many pesticides and fertilizers that are not really good for our environment. Using season flowers will help you with reducing your footprints significantly.
- Lastly, you should always reuse the flowers that you use at your wedding. You can donate those beautiful flowers to a nursing home or any shelter. This is a really good way to make full use of those flowers.
If you want to get order your flowers online these are bets 5 options that you can consider:
- The Bouqs is one of the best options online where you can get yourself eco-friendly flowers that too from a single source. As you order flowers from their website you get the freshest flowers that are cut on the same day and are shipped to you the same day as well. This ensures that you get the best quality flowers with no fancy add-on or plastic wrapping as well.
- Organic bouquet is another really awesome organic platform from which you can order flowers that are eco-friendly. You get the best quality flowers along with different gifts and arrangements that you can find online. Moreover, as you place your order here a part of the profit goes to charity as well.
- FTD is another brand that is really popular in this space. You get flowers delivered to your doorstep the next day in a hassle-free manner. All the sources from which this company get their flowers are listed on their website which makes it more transparent and its approach more eco-friendly.
- Petal by pedal is an amazing New York based company that is run by a mother-daughter combo. You get fresh flowers delivered to you by bikers. This way there is just zero carbon footprint of their delivery system. You also get to see the details of the local farms and what is growing in them so that you can choose more effectively as well. In addition to all this, you also get the same day delivery if you place your order before 12.
- Lastly, Slow Flowers is an online platform that you can use in order to learn about the local florists and farms near you. You can get all the relevant details of these using their app and connect with any local florist more effectively.
Besides all this, here are some recommendations and ideas about how you can arrange these eco-friendly flowers at your wedding.
- You can use potted plants in your wedding. This way those plants can be used again in the future as well.
- Using frozen petals is another beautiful yet excellent way in which you can reduce the number of flowers that you use at your wedding. You can use these petals in many different ways.
- Dried flowers also fit really well as they last much longer and look really pretty as well.
- Cotton can also be used as flowers with some customization. Using cotton rather than actual flowers will reduce your carbon footprint significantly.