How To Optimize Your Writing For A Mobile Marketing Audience
The other day I came across an article which spoke directly to the challenges writers face rewriting for a mobile audience.
Here are some of the highlights…
- Distractions, Distractions, Distractions. The mobile audience has infinitely more distractions to deal with than a web audience. Remember, the mobile audience is just that: mobile: they could be on their way to the train, standing in line at the supermarket and so on. There is an endless supply of “off-device” distractions to contend with.
- Cut to the chase. According to one of the world’s leading mobile technology firms… “the best mobile content “cuts copy to a minimum and only spews the necessities — necessities being what your target should see during those fateful two seconds that determine a click/tap.”
- It’s A Twitter World. Even if you’re not a Tweeter, it’s important to remember to write the best mobile content that is tweet-worthy, even if it’s not being written for Twitter.
- Size Matters. “…when it comes to mobile, copywriters have to place extra consideration on being extremely direct, clear and succinct, because presentation options will likely be limited or even inconsistent across devices and platforms.”
- Appropriate Behavior. When writing for apps, writers can infuse a bit more copy… operative words being “a bit more.”